I've seen a few posts people asking about projects within here so i'm hoping it's the correct place to see if what I'm thinking is a plausable idea or not.
My project aim over the summer develop a tool I can use to help the company I've been working on placement at. It's essentially a monitoring tool driven from a postgresql database that's being constantly updated or 'live' as it was.
Project I need to create live/ weekly/ monthly/ yearly views/charts of the postgresql information over a web browser where a user can log-in and out essentially. Also possible a little interface on the web application that searches a query for details like username for example.
so what I've been thinking. open to corrections or suggestions by all means.
- Through use of netbeans make a web application
- connected to a postgresql database
- secure log in and out of the website hosting the web app, website using html
- import the use of something like highcharts to jquery my database to produce charts
- add little tools like the lookup's aswell.
would I be able to do this through java, also what server would be best to this to to run a localhost essentially for people to log in to.
please if this email is in the wrong section just delete it but I'm just looking for any pointers for a best practice what i could do here.