Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: Need idea's for my next project

Forum VIP
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Need idea's for my next project

G'day all,

I'm an intermediate java programmer. So far I've written a multi fractal generator (5500 LOC), an image processing library (2000 LOC), a graphical address book (800 LOC), a text adventure game and I have completed about 3/4 of the project euler challenges (the one's I understand). So I feel like I am pretty good at 2D graphics, GUI's, persistence, multi-threading and iterative mathematics.

I'd really like to take my skills a little bit further and take on a larger or more complicated project but I am fresh out of inspiration.

Have you got any idea's for an interesting project you would care to share?

My Mood
    Hungover
    Thanks

Default Re: Need idea's for my next project

This is a fairly common question, and the answer is always the same- you know better than we do.

Take one of your other interests, and see if you can write a program about it. What do you enjoy? Or you could take an existing program and improve upon it. We could give you ideas, but they'd be based off our interests, not yours, so I'm not so sure they'd help you.
    Useful links: How to Ask Questions the Smart Way | Use Code Tags | Java Tutorials
    Static Void Games - Play indie games, learn from game tutorials and source code, upload your own games!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Need idea's for my next project

Another suggestion would be to keep a close eye on the open source projects at sourceforge. You might find one that interests you that you can contribute with a team of other developers.