Hi again! i've been wanting to get a job as a programmer but i am not confident enough when i see the kind of things they ask people for in freelancer, to be honest none of those things are taught in college (at least not here) except for a very few things.
So i was wondering, in your case:
- how was it the very first time?
- how did you know you were ready to start working as a programmer?
- when you started working for the first time, did you happen to be asked for something you never coded before? the kind of things that you have no idea in how to start? if yes, how did you overcome that?
- how did you learn all the things that you know? learnt overtime in job?
- i'm pretty sure some can say: oh, just practice and practice. but when you are studying sometimes you come across things you will never ever use or just very rarely use and therefor you even forgot you even read about such things or things you have no idea whatsoever in how can you use them.
I'd love to read your experiences as beginners, your first job as programmers and/or project, the problems you had and how you solved them. It'd be of amazing help for me.
PD: As of right now i need to study about java databases using MySQL, datasource, connection pool and such, can anyone recommend a good book i can read? or some good tutorial series that covers all that that you know?(i know i could "search" for them myself in youtube but i don't exactly know what i am looking for since i was just given that very vague explanation of what i need to study lol).