Follow these guidelines to write a program that calculates a monthly cell phone bill.
1. Declare the following named constants and use them in your code where appropriate:
• _MONTHLY_PLAN = 39.99
• _ALLOWABLE_MINUTES = 500
• _ADDITIONAL_MINUTE_RATE = .45
• _TEXT_MSG_PLAN = 15.00
• _TEXT_MSG_RATE = .12
• _DATA_PLAN = 20.00
• _ALLOWABLE_DATA = 300
2. Obtain the following information from the user:
• _Minutes used (use an integer variable for input)
• _Text messages sent/received (use an integer variable for input)
• _Does customer have a text message plan (use a character variable for input; ask user to enter Y or N).
• _Does customer have a data plan (use a character variable for input)
• _If the customer has a data plan, ask for the amount of data used
3. Compute the following:
• _Cost of extra minutes used
• _Cost of text messages (if user has a plan, this would be the plan cost; if no plan, each text sent/received is charged at the text message rate)
• _Cost of data (if user has a plan, then ask for usage amount in megabytes; usage over 300 mg incurs an additional charge equal to the monthly rate; anything over 600 incurs a second additional charge, etc.
• _The total bill (the monthly charge, charge for extra minutes, charge for text plan or messages, charge for data if applicable)
4. Display the following output. All monetary values must be displayed to two decimal places. Output should be neatly formatted, similar to the samples provided.
• _Cell phone usage summary, to include minutes used, text messages sent/received, data used (if applicable)
• _Itemized cell phone charges summary, to include the cost of the monthly plan, the cost of the text message plan (if applicable), the cost of the data plan (if applicable), the cost of extra minutes used (if applicable), the cost of text messages (if applicable), the cost of extra data used (if applicable)
• _Total charges
Note: Do NOT combine steps 3 and 4 in your program. Do all calculations (and store the results in variables) before doing any output.
A sample program run follows; the grading rubric is on the last page of this document.
I don't know how to start could you please give me some hints.