Hi i have a problem. this is the following task i am trying to do.
Write an interface Directory to manipulate entries in a telephone directory for the University. The interface must support the following operations:
1) The ability to insert new entries into the directory. Entries should be stored in alphabetical order of surname.
2) Delete entries from the directory either by name or number
3) Provide a lookup method that will find the extension no of a member of staff given
his/her name. You should try to make this method run as efficiently as possible.
4) Change a personís telephone number
5) Print the telephone directory in a neatly tabulated fashion.
Write a class ArrayDirectory that implements this interface using an array to store the telephone directory information. The class must store the surname and initial for each member of staff and their telephone extension (a four digit number which may start with a zero). You may find it useful to define a class Entry to store information about individual
entries. The entries should be read into the array from a text file consisting of multiple lines in the following format:
The part that i am stuck on is trying to do the entry method, delete entries method, loop up method, change persons telephone number and be able to print it.
anyone able to help me with this please?