Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: Does RMI require separate threads

Thanks

Default Does RMI require separate threads

Hi

I am still learning Java and I am venturing into RMI.

As a test I have a RMI server (runs the RMI registry and a class which records detail in a JDBC connected mysql database). I also have two individual clients (totally seperate machines which are networked).

All my code does is to send the current computer name and current logged on user back to the RMI server so this can record this detail into the mysql database.

My question is that what would happen if there are say around 100 clients all trying to send an RMI message back to the server.

Will the server handle all 100 requests in their own threads allowing all details to be sucessfully recorded in the database or will I need to create a thread for each request?

I am a bit worried that if say for example that for some reason that all 100 clients send their request at the exact same time that some of the request may not be successful.

Thanks

Default Re: Does RMI require separate threads

For Info, i have looked this up and it looks as though actions performed from RMI messages are ran in their own thread per client.