Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: how to use a phone to test app in juno?

Thanks

Default how to use a phone to test app in juno?

hi my laptop is old and slow to slow to run an avd on the computer when i was using adt helius everything was fine if my phone was plugged into my laptop the adt picked it up and i could use my phone to run the app however i have just installed adt juno and the option of using a physical device seems to be removed does anyone know how i can use my phone to test apps during development in juno thanks.

My Mood
    Hungover
    Thanks

Default Re: how to use a phone to test app in juno?

The terms you're using are a bit confusing.

ADT is Android Developer Tools. ADT makes plugins for eclipse. Eclipse comes in different versions (the latest is Luna). When you update eclipse, you have to get the ADT plugin that was made for that version of eclipse.

What version of eclipse do you have? Which ADT plugin version are you using?
    Useful links: How to Ask Questions the Smart Way | Use Code Tags | Java Tutorials
    Static Void Games - Play indie games, learn from game tutorials and source code, upload your own games!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,708 Times in 2,658 Posts

Can you use email to send it the .apk file?
    If you don't understand my answer, don't ignore it, ask a question.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWorkman View Post
    The terms you're using are a bit confusing.

ADT is Android Developer Tools. ADT makes plugins for eclipse. Eclipse comes in different versions (the latest is Luna). When you update eclipse, you have to get the ADT plugin that was made for that version of eclipse.

What version of eclipse do you have? Which ADT plugin version are you using?
    i download the bundle from android
    adt-bundle-linux-x86-20140702.zip
    from
    https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    not sure but this problem might be related to not having downloaded the api for my phone.
    i was trying to create an avd on my desktop and it turns out there not all downloaded automatically as was the case with the helious version sorry if my post is a bit unclear havint really done the much wit android or eclipse most of my time is in java and netbeans

--- Update ---

k i am an idiot the problem was in setting -application-unknown sources on my device was unchecked oops sorry for wasting time wish i could delete this thread feeling pretty stupid right now

My Mood
    Hungover
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    k i am an idiot the problem was in setting -application-unknown sources on my device was unchecked oops sorry for wasting time wish i could delete this thread feeling pretty stupid right now
    That's all part of the process of programming. Maybe this will help somebody else who has a similar problem, googles it, and finds this thread.
    Useful links: How to Ask Questions the Smart Way | Use Code Tags | Java Tutorials
    Static Void Games - Play indie games, learn from game tutorials and source code, upload your own games!