Java J2EE Developer - £35-40KUK's market leading online Bingo developer/operator. Following the recent phenomenal growth in online Poker and Casino, online Bingo is now the fastest growing genre of online gaming, with annual revenues in excess of £200m.
Looking to recruit an additional software developer to join a highly skilled team. The work in predominately server side development and is based upon standard Java Enterprise technologies, with applications deployed into JBoss and BEA Web Logic application servers.
Core applications are built upon a gaming framework which is scaled to support thousands of concurrent users. It is an environment where you will gain (or build upon) an understanding of the performance implications of your design decisions and detailed knowledge of how Java EE technologies work in this area.
You will work at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration.
Current projects are focussed on large scale enhancements to the existing Bingo product including new public Web Services interfaces built using SOA technologies, new game engines, application performance tuning and scalability, and integrations with external systems belonging to new customers.
Encouragement ios given to all engineers to use their own initiative and take ownership of their work. In return they seek candidates capable of to organising their time effectively and respond positively to an environment where flexibility and adaptability to swiftly changing situations is required.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Technical specification, design and development of new software components.
• Keeping current with new technologies
• Maintaining and enhancing existing product code.
• Working with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard.
• Maintain high quality coding standards
Mandatory skills and experience
• Must have made a significant technical contribution to at least one complex software development projects using the technologies mandated below.
• A good knowledge of Java
Highly desirable skills and experience
• A 2i or 1st class honours degree from a well-regarded university; this must be supported by ‘A’ or ‘B’ grade A-levels. The subject should be either Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Maths
Desirable skills and experience
• Java EE 5 and/or J2EE, EJB (my client predominantly use EJB 3) , JMS, Servlets, JSP, Struts, Spring, JPA
• BEA WebLogic Server (version 8.1 or later)
• Basic understanding of networking, TCP and HTTP
• Game/Gaming knowledge
• JBoss, SOAP, Web Services, Apache, Ant, CVS, Oracle, Linux