So I spent two days between classes at college building a little Fantasy Football Offline Draft Manager Program to help people manage their Fantasy Football Offline Drafts. I've been posting this information on the ESPN Messageboard and some of my Fantasy Leagues to get feedback from people about the program. If you want to give it a try, please give me feedback to tell me what you think and how I can make it better. This is not intended to be used for this year's drafts, since it is still in its debugging stages and since most Offline Leagues have already drafted.
If you want to try it out, here is a download link: FantasyFootballDraft.zip
I am unable to attach the zip folder to this post for some reason.
To run, unzip files to same folder. There are 3 files and 1 folder with 1 Microsoft Word file and 7 .jpg images:
1) FantasyFootballDraft.jar - This is the executable. You should double-click this to run the program
2) PlayerDatabase.xlsx - This is the Database of Players the program will read from. The sheet names should not be changed and the data should not be shifted. You do not need Microsoft Office or Open Office for the program to read the Excel Document.
3) SX.jar - This is the external library that allows the program to read the Excel Document. If double-clicked, nothing will happen.
4) A folder named Tutorial. In this folder is a README.docx file. This contains a few brief, yet detailed tutorials with pictures of each window in the program and the purpose of each Interactive Element. This folder also contains all the .jpg images used in the README.docx file in case you want to zoom in on the images or look at them in higher detail. There should be 7 .jpg files.
Future Database Changing
For now, use the PlayerDatabase.xlsx provided. Once the program appears to be working correctly consistently, I will write something up to explain how to acquire the information (or program in a direct pull from ESPN Fantasy Projections tables if ESPN lets me).
Read the README.docx file in the Tutorial file in the zip to see detailed instructions.
Current Bugs and Issues
1. Last Name filter on Defenses don't filter based on the Team Name, but on the word D/ST -- LOW PRIORITY
The current download link is updated with all previous bugs fixed and the following extras:
1. Ability to change Teams' names
2. Ability to Export Results to a .xls Excel Workbook.
With future updates, I am currently planing on adding features to change the Database input file at the user's discretion. This update will also include all the fixes bugs above labeled as fixed.
This program is currently still in its testing and debugging stages. Use at your own discretion as there is the possibility of errors and data corruption until it is completely debugged. I designed and built the program in my free time in two days, so there are bound to be issues still present.