So I am new to Java and trying to figure out this program, and my reading material for the class is sparse and not helpful. I mean that we have the bareist of information to go by. what I am trying to do is to: Write a Java™ GUI application using a NetBeans® IDE that does home utility auditing.
The user should be able to do the following:
• Enter the cost per kilowatt-hour.
• Select from a list of 5 to 7 home appliances, which include a washer, among other appliances.
• Enter the power needed in kilowatts (kW) for the selected appliance.
• Enter the number of hours used per day for the selected appliance.
• If the washer is selected, enter both the number of gallons of water used by the washer per hour and the cost per gallon.
The program should do the following:
• Validate that the data entered has the correct format, and is within a reasonable range.
• Calculate and display the cost for operating a home appliance as soon as the data is entered.
• Create a listing area to display each of the following for each appliance entered:
o Home appliance
o Number of hours per day
• Display and update the total cost of all appliances, as soon as a new entry is added to the listing area.
The Java™ application should meet these technical requirements:
• The application should have at least one additional method, in addition to the application's controlling class (a controlling class is where the main function resides).
• There should be proper documentation in the source code.
And this is what I got so far... greeting panel.txtCheckBoxes.txtappliance class.txt
Appliance Calculator bottom frame.txtTotals class.txtUserInput.txt
Sorry so sloppy. Each file is a frame that will be added on to another but as you can see i have a lot of errors even though most of the coding I had gotten out of our reading material. so i am so confused.