You've posted your entire assignment without asking a specific question, and unfortunately that makes it difficult if not impossible for us volunteers in this and other forums to be able to help you. I know that the task seems daunting, but its eminently do-able if you follow certain rules some of which include:
- read your assignment over several times to make sure you fully understand it.
- If any specific part confuses you, then post your question here. Don't simply post the entire assignment as there's little specific help we can give, but if you ask about specific points such as "this statement here confuses me -- ' ... '", we'll be much better able to give you specific help.
- Most important, break the big task down into small tasks.
- Then start trying to solve each small task in isolation.
- This way if you get stuck at a specific step, again you can come back here with your code attempts, your errors, and your specific questions. Do this and we can help you correct your code and move you forward.
Some of the specific steps that it seems to me you must tackle include
- Reading data in from the data file. I would recommend that you first try to write a small program that does nothing but read in the text in the file and then prints it out to the screen.
- Once you've solved that, you can work on extracting the information held in the file line by line (called rows in your assignment).
- Get each line of information one at a time, a while loop and a Scanner will work well for this.
- Try to extract the information held on each line. Either a Scanner or String#split(...) could work well for this.
- Convert the number Strings held on the line into actual numbers.
- Then try to analyze them.
- ... keep going till solved or you run into a speed bump.
- And if you run into a speed bump, come on back, show your code and ask your questions.