Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: Unable to launch app of java application

Thanks

Default Unable to launch app of java application

Hi,

I have machine with Mac having same jre 6_u17. I created my application package for Mac. It run on first machine by double click on application.app folder, but on another mac, it did not launch the application using double click. I then go the folder which contains jar. If I run jar directly, it runs without any issue.

We are distributing our application to clients, we can't ask them to each time copy latest JavaApplicationStub (/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/MacOS) to launch app.

Is there any code so that our application can use latest JavaApplicationStub? Suggest solution.

I am not getting right category in your forum to post this question, please suggest me.

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Unable to launch app of java application

You can try to bundle the app specifically for mac users (xcode should do all the nitty gritty work for you although from memory it wasn't that trivial). Never directly had the problem you describe so this may or may not work. Bundling apps is the normal app-type distribution for mac users, and depending upon your client base may prefer this sort of distribution. See:
    Bringing your Java Application to Mac OS X
    and
    Bringing your Java Application to Mac OS X

You may also wish - if you app does not require 1.6 - to compile for 1.5 since older macs that run leopard and below by default do not have 1.6 installed.