Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: BUILDING APPS?

My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks

Exclamation BUILDING APPS?

Is java easy to learn?Will it give me long carrer?
    Will it cope up for building desktop applications as well as mobile applications?

Thanks

Default Re: BUILDING APPS?

from Oracle.com:

Why Java?

Java is the foundation for virtually every type of networked application and is the global standard for developing and delivering enterprise software, web-based content, games and mobile applications. Java enjoys a large and mature ecosystem with strong tools support. Java delivers application portability and robust performance across many computing environments.
    from Java.com:

Why Software Developers Choose Java
    Java has been tested, refined, extended, and proven by a dedicated community of Java developers, architects and enthusiasts. Java is designed to enable development of portable, high-performance applications for the widest range of computing platforms possible. By making applications available across heterogeneous environments, businesses can provide more services and boost end-user productivity, communication, and collaboration—and dramatically reduce the cost of ownership of both enterprise and consumer applications. Java has become invaluable to developers by enabling them to:

• Write software on one platform and run it on virtually any other platform
    • Create programs that can run within a web browser and access available web services
    • Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
    • Combine applications or services using the Java language to create highly customized applications or services
    • Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, microcontrollers, wireless modules, sensors, gateways, consumer products, and practically any other electronic device
    that should answer your question
    And if it will you give a long career? Personaly i think yes, or at least it will give you a rock solid ground for other programming languages, like c# (or c or c++) or ruby etc. Learning java is not wasting time..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zavael For This Useful Post:

GregBrannon (May 19th, 2014)