Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: Created my first Java program

Thanks

Default Created my first Java program

I have created some Java programs but nothing that has really helped me before. I have finally created one that my co-workers and I can use. My work machine locks itself after 5 minutes of inactivity and it usually happens when I am reading something or I just look away and talk to someone. It is annoying as hello. So I have created a program that will move x amount of pixels after n amount of time until stopped. I usually set it to move 1 pixel every 30 seconds as you will most likely never see it move. Tell me what you think of it. Any ideas on how to make it better? I am still a noob to programming so any insight will help. I will post my code tomorrow as I have left my flash drive at home.

Here is the download link if you would like to use/try it:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mouse-mover/files/?source=navbar

Super Moderator
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Thanks

Default Re: Created my first Java program

Beware: Your employer may object to a "hack" that disables an element of their IA/INFOSEC processes. Sharing the hack with others may increase their displeasure. You might want to review any computer/network use agreement you signed or implicitly/explicitly agree to every time you sign onto your work computer.

Thanks

i am sure they would not like it too much, but we will also use it for the pcs we run tests on. we are just not allowed to leave our stations with our computers not locked. a simple window + L fixes that.

My Mood
    Amused
    Thanks

Seems unnecessary. Couldn't you just get one of those drinking bird toys to press a button over and over?