Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: Problem running jar file

Thanks

Default Problem running jar file

Hi everyone,

I'm probably going to get scalded for posting this question here - I simply don't know though where else to post it.

I have a simple problem...any willing helpers?
    I am unable to launch a java based program called jMRUI 4.0 for analysis of magnetic resonance spectra. The UI simply won't load when starting the batch file. I have no issues on my old WinXP laptop but can't get it to run neither on a Win7 machine nor on my new Win8 laptop. I have even tried to run it in Virtual Box WinXP. Java 7 is installed. When I double click on the batch file, the cmd window briefly opens, then closes again. There does not seem to be any error message.
    Any system resources I am missing??

The batch file reads:
    java -Xss2m -mx768m -Djava.library.path=lib -jar lib/mrui.jar >log/out.log 2>&1

Let me know if I need to upload the jar file somewhere so the interested helper can have a look at it...the program is free.

Thanks and apologies in advance if this post is completely inappropriate here...

Cheers
    zerogmd

Forum VIP
    Thanks

Default Re: Problem running jar file

Try running it from the command line. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it would force any output to the command line you run it from. That way the cmd won't flash closed and you will see any errors (if there are any). That would be the first thing I would do.
    NOTE TO NEW PEOPLE LOOKING FOR HELP ON FORUM:

When asking for help, please follow these guidelines to receive better and more prompt help:
    1. Put your code in Java Tags. To do this, put [highlight=java] before your code and [/highlight] after your code.
    2. Give full details of errors and provide us with as much information about the situation as possible.
    3. Give us an example of what the output should look like when done correctly.

Join the Airline Management Simulation Game to manage your own airline against other users in a virtual recreation of the United States Airline Industry. For more details, visit: http://airlinegame.orgfree.com/

Thanks

Default Re: Problem running jar file

Quote Originally Posted by aussiemcgr View Post
    Try running it from the command line. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it would force any output to the command line you run it from. That way the cmd won't flash closed and you will see any errors (if there are any). That would be the first thing I would do.
    thanks...all i get in the cmd window is the command line from the batch file. no errors. but nothing happens. same in win8 and virtualmachine winxp cmd.jpg
    no idea what to do...