Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: What methodology to use for planning/developing a Language conversion project?

Thanks

Red face What methodology to use for planning/developing a Language conversion project?

I am trying to help my friend by creating a part of his on-going project. What i'm going to do is create a java parser to break up the java code into operators, parameters etc to build xml representation. Next I want to create a code generator to convert the parsed java code to XML conforming to the schema I've created. Finally I want to use an XML style-sheet to transform the XML into another programming language type. I hope this makes sense as I'm new to the area of programming. Basically I just wanted some advice on which methodology/model I should use for documenting/planning and developing this project. Is there some benefit to using Agile etc for instance? Thanks in Advance.

- Andrew

My Mood
    Daring
    Thanks

Default Re: What methodology to use for planning/developing a Language conversion project?

Is there some benefit to using Agile etc for instance?
    I can only guess you are not familiar with the tool, or you probably would not have asked this question. The tool is meant to keep forward momentum in a project in the most cost effective manner. (to put what I know about it in a nutshell)
    There are many tools dedicated to software development, and in one way or another they are all useful. Devote some time to the research if you are serious about taking on the project. Ask questions as they arise.