Welcome to the Java Programming Forums

The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!

The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.

>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING

Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Thread: Video Class

Thanks

Default Video Class

I was looking for a class that I could put into my GUI that could playback video. I did find the Java Media Framework and an example but 'I think' that it's geared towards capturing video and playing it back; it seemed too complicated for what I needed.

thanks!

Thanks

Default Re: Video Class

I should say, I found this example using JMF and it was too complicated.

Java Tutorial: Playing Video and Other Media with the Java Media Framework

The documentation shows a simple file open -> viewer window

When I insert these into my project I get a GUI that is not shown on the page; it looks like a video capture GUI

Thanks

Default Re: Video Class

EDIT: I found something simiple: Java Tips - Make your own Java Media Player to play media files

The code wasn't the problem. The JMF looks like it's running automatically when I compile and run my project. The screen that pops up has the title EXPORT, a textfield, FILE & CAPTURE button and one of the old JAVA logos in the top left corner. Inputting values and clicking next on this screen takes me to a new dialogue that asks me to save to a file/ transmit over the network / preview on screen. Choosing Preview on screen takes me to a new window that asks me to specify the content type and parameters for output.

I'm confused as to what this is, or how to run the code that is in my project and not what I believe is the JMF code.

thanks,