Welcome to the Java Programming Forums


The professional, friendly Java community. 21,500 members and growing!


The Java Programming Forums are a community of Java programmers from all around the World. Our members have a wide range of skills and they all have one thing in common: A passion to learn and code Java. We invite beginner Java programmers right through to Java professionals to post here and share your knowledge. Become a part of the community, help others, expand your knowledge of Java and enjoy talking with like minded people. Registration is quick and best of all free. We look forward to meeting you.


>> REGISTER NOW TO START POSTING


Members have full access to the forums. Advertisements are removed for registered users.

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hi

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    My Mood
    Love
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Hi

    Hello my name is BlackJavaCoder. And im here to learn java because i want to become an expert java programmer later. At the moment im 16 years old so have plenty of time to learn java before i need to use it in a job probarlly over 4-5 years. So i have time but that doesnt mean i gonna slowly start learning im going to learn java everyday by reading books watching videos reading tutorials here and otherplaces and of course making alot of programs i just bought a memory stick of 32Gb to store my programs on that the only thing wil get on it i also gonna take a log of my progress so can see with cih parts i struggled the most. I hope i can learn alot of you guys.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Sean4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tavistock, UK
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 103 Times in 93 Posts

    Default Re: Hi

    i just bought a memory stick of 32Gb to store my programs on
    32GB is a lot of code! A lot of people use online file storage services for backing up their source code - it would be too bad if the dog ate your memory stick. The amount of storage they give you never sounds like very much, but I think you'll be surprised by how long it takes you to write 100KB of working code - even before you zip it down to about 10% the size. It takes me a long time

    Welcome to Java programming!

  3. #3
    mmm.. coffee JavaPF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,336
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 287 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Hi

    Hey BlackJavaCoder, welcome to the Java Programming Forums

    It's always good to start young! You have a good head on your shoulders.
    Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

    I hope you like the site.
    Please use [highlight=Java] code [/highlight] tags when posting your code.
    Forum Tip: Add to peoples reputation by clicking the button on their useful posts.

    Looking for a Java job? Visit - Java Programming Careers

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    My Mood
    Love
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean4u View Post
    32GB is a lot of code! A lot of people use online file storage services for backing up their source code - it would be too bad if the dog ate your memory stick. The amount of storage they give you never sounds like very much, but I think you'll be surprised by how long it takes you to write 100KB of working code - even before you zip it down to about 10% the size. It takes me a long time

    Welcome to Java programming!
    I konw but i also have to store my c code + powerpoint i get from my teacher in school the coming 3 years and yea its alot of code but i iwl code alot of code also .

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    My Mood
    Love
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaPF View Post
    Hey BlackJavaCoder, welcome to the Java Programming Forums

    It's always good to start young! You have a good head on your shoulders.
    Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

    I hope you like the site.
    yea do you know where i should start out with java coding because all those tutorials here arent for beginners as far i can understand them

  6. #6
    mmm.. coffee JavaPF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,336
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 287 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Hi

    The best place to start is here - Trail: Getting Started (The Java™ Tutorials)

    Pretty much all of us would of started learning there
    Please use [highlight=Java] code [/highlight] tags when posting your code.
    Forum Tip: Add to peoples reputation by clicking the button on their useful posts.

    Looking for a Java job? Visit - Java Programming Careers

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Hi

    I recommend Bucky's stream (youtube), i am currently progressing through his videos and I am currently VERY informed I now understand switches, else, Nested if statements and using multiple classes.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    My Mood
    Love
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by 12sea21 View Post
    I recommend Bucky's stream (youtube), i am currently progressing through his videos and I am currently VERY informed I now understand switches, else, Nested if statements and using multiple classes.
    i alrdy understand nested if statements and such because i porgrammed in C++ before but i like java more and i was going to use bucky but thanks

    JavaPF thanks i wil check it out