Hi im really stressing with this java assignment, I need to produce class diagrams/ sequence diagrams and the relevant code for the this scenario below can anyone help please!!!!!
” (CVF) company maintains a fleet of company vehicles, which it issues to certain employees who have to undertake deliveries and visit clients. The vehicles consist of both cars and trucks. Trucks are used to perform deliveries to clients and the cars are used to perform visits.
At the moment the records of who has borrowed which vehicle are maintained using a very unreliable manual paper based system. A computerised system is required to keep a record of which vehicle has been lent to which employee and to maintain a record of the current state of the fleet and the personnel eligible to drive vehicles in the fleet.
Currently, CVF records the following information on each of its vehicles: Registration number, make, model and drive-class. In addition, cars have the total number of seats they have and trucks the maximum load they can carry recorded. The drive-class value is either a 1 or 2 depending on whether the vehicle is a car or truck. Employees have their employee number, name and drive-class recorded. Once again the drive-class is a value of 1 or 2. The drive-class attribute is used to determine whether an employee is allowed to drive a particular vehicle. An employee with a drive-class of 1 is only allowed to borrow cars. An employee with a drive-class of 2 is allowed to borrow both cars and trucks. An employee is only allowed to borrow one car at a time and also a vehicle can only be allocated to a single employee at a time.
The company currently has the following vehicles in its fleet.
Veh.Reg# Make Model Drive-Class Seats/MaxLoad
10001 Mazda 323F 1 5
10002 Ford Escort 1 5
10003 Ford Transit Van 2 100
10004 Mazda 60E 2 500
10005 Citroen Saxo 1 5
10006 MG MGF 1 2
10007 Mercedes 600 2 500
10008 Volvo V70 1 5
10009 Volkswagon Golf 1 5
10010 Volvo Trooper 2 250
The company currently has the following employees, all of whom can drive vehicles according to their allocated drive-class.
Emp # Name Drive-Class
201 Nero Eoghan 2
202 Eirenaios Vulcan 2
203 Nuada Glaucus 1
204 Drest Aldo 1
205 Waldo Aodh 1
206 Dardanos Felix 2
207 Odovacar Phoebus 1
208 Myrddin Onesimos 2
209 Randulf Severus 2
210 Wolfgang Alboin 1
The system you have to design and implement should ensure that only valid allocations could be made, i.e. one vehicle to one employee and only to employees of the correct drive-class. The information should be stored in a file.
The system must be able to handle the following use cases:
1. Borrowing vehicles from the fleet
2. Returning vehicles to the fleet
3. Adding a new vehicle to the fleet
4. Deleting a vehicle from the fleet
5. Displaying all vehicles' details in the fleet
6. Displaying all employee details
1. Specify your functional and testing requirements based on these use cases.
2. Define a top-level design for your program, using UML to document it.
3. Design and document the appropriate classes for the application.
4. Construct a working application.
5. Test it.
6. Deliver it.
The following section provides guidance as to where marks can be allocated:
Design [30 marks]
Model the above scenario using the object-oriented approach and produce appropriate documentation for the model, which must include the following:
• Overview of your architecture and design
• Structural and behavioral diagrams
o a) Class /Association diagram(s)
o b) Object sequence diagram(s)
• Written descriptions of each class
• Any necessary algorithm documentation (NS diagrams, PDL, flow charts, or similar)
• Provide explanations and justifications where appropriate. Make reasonable assumptions when necessary. These should be fully explained and justified.
• Critical discussion as to how the design/program you have developed exploits polymorphism to simplify the object-oriented implementation of your solution. This discussion must draw upon examples taken from your work on this project.
Programming [40 marks]
Depending on whether most of the project requirements are met, or all requirements are met., here are the mark allocations:
1. Borrowing vehicles from the fleet (5%)
2. Returning vehicles t the fleet (5%)
3. Adding a new vehicle to the fleet (5%)
4. Deleting a vehicle from the fleet (5%)
5. Displaying all vehicles' details in the fleet (5%)
6. Displaying all employee details (5%)
• Successful compilation of a program designed to meet the project requirements by the Java 1.5 SDK.
• Marks for good object-oriented design and for effective and complete use of comments and appropriate names in the code.
• Successful execution of the program in that environment.
Make any reasonable assumptions if necessary. You do not have to implement any classes that are not required to provide the functionality listed above.
Can someone help me please!!!!