hi expert people!
i do not have any experience in GUI in Java and i suddenly have a task to create an application that performs the following:
users should be able
1) to draw initial rectangle area
2) place or draw and be able to move, rotate and scale smaller rectangles on the first area
3) for every smaller rectangle it should be possible to assign two numbers
4) place or draw some kind of connection lines between rectangles (roads) (should be possible to set width of the connection line)
the application should be able
1) return the area of the first big rectangle and area of every smaller rectangle
2) return the total area of the connection roads
3) return the assigned two numbers for every small rectangle
4) return the exact position of every smaller rectangle and distances between them
so, the question is - is Swing a good choice for that, should i look into JafaFX for instance or something else?
i would be glad to receive any tips and thoughts on how to achieve that)
might be you can advice me some good books on Swing or 2D graphics in Java.
thanks a lot!