This is my first post here so if I make a mistake forgive me .
I am in the beginning of the path of Java development. I am very interested in building games with it. I have seen a tutorial about building Java game using libGDX2D and I was able to successfully follow it and come up with the attached project (not something useful though).
I use libGDX for Android games development and getting a desktop copy of the game as well. Now I am stuck trying to do some parts that I don't really have an idea how to build it in Java with graphics and all these things, the parts I am stuck with are:
1. The map in my code is 512x512, how to build, say, a map of 10000x10000 and just show 512x512 for the player then when he go to the edges I open the next 512x512 and so on (like scrolling map in RPG games).
2. The part responsible about detecting intersection in my code have a problem that when I intersect with the object House it will just never get out of the Stop loop and will forever stay there and I can't move the Player anymore, how can I fix such a thing!
3. How to add actions when I reach a House for example, I want a pop-up message to tell the player he can enter and then I change the screen to something else, can this be done?
4. If you take a look at the code and would like to suggest a better structure for the code and what is called after what that will be very welcome. I am trying to build an RPG game that have structure close to the game called Eschalon.
How to run the code:
1. Unrar all into one folder.
2. Import project in Parallelism.
3. Open Parallelism-desktop > src > com.me.Parallelism > Main.java and RUN.
4. Code modifications are done in Parallelism.
NOTE: When running the code, the Console will show which class is entered first.
--- Update ---