Point of Sale System Project
Hello, I am creating a small Point of Sale System (POS) for a local cafe and wondered if an applet would be able to update in real-time in order to perform the operations that I want. It will use multiple computers to display different applets that updates a server database that is called from and changed by all computers connected to the server. I would like to only use applets and not servlets. Any questions on the project to aid me in an answer will be welcomed.
I plan on using four computers (for the applets) and a server:
- One applet for a server terminal
- Second applet acts as a "master" meal list of incoming orders
- Third applet tracks the progress of entrees
- Fourth applet to track the progress of desserts
Note: All applets will need to update the database in some way.
My questions are:
- When the database is updated do all applets using that database update without having to refresh the page entirely?
- Can multiple applets update the same database at the same time or would multiple databases be the way to go?
If further explanation is required, don't hesitate to ask for information.